Nike launch the latest version of the Air Zoom Pegasus 37
Nike launch their Air Zoom Pegasus 37
Shoe brands launching a new shoe is interesting but not always important. However, when Nike release their new version of the best-selling running shoe line of all time, well, that’s big news.
Nike launch their latest version of the Pegasus – the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 37 and the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 37 FlyEase
The original Pegasus was launched in 1983 and was a success from day 1. It fit great, was flexible and fairly light. It had a big waffle hardwearing outsole and for the neutral runner, it was the go-to shoe.
I remember my days as head of nike running in the 90’s, we were discussing the merits of the latest Pegasus when a few of the sales guys were complaining about it being not as good as the old models (when we were selling a ton of them!). I found an old pair and they were chalk and cheese. The new model was a mile better, and so we now see that today the brand launch the 37th version of their classic shoe.
The new Air Zoom 37 model is aimed at every kind of runner, from lifestyle to elite. The fit and feel will appeal to all as will the package of responsive ride, lightweight feel and durability.
So, what’s new about the new model? Here’s what nike say…
- Designers of the Pegasus transitioned from a full-length Zoom Air bag to a forefoot Zoom Air bag (the forefoot is where you rebound from the ground and need an airbag the most).
- The bag is twice as thick as the Pegasus 36 Zoom Air bag, offering more energy return.
- The team top-loaded the Nike Air Zoom technology into React foam for the midsole. React foam is lighter, more responsive and more durable than the previous Cushlon foam.
- The translucent upper gives the shoe a lightweight, feather-like look.
- An updated midfoot enables a fit band to secure your foot.
- The colour shift across the lateral side of the shoe highlights the placement of the Zoom Air bag in the forefoot.
- The silhouette maintains a heel collar that tapers away from the Achilles tendon — a design influenced by direct athlete feedback.
- The familiar waffle rubber outsole helps provide trusted durability.
- With every update made to the Pegasus during the years, runner benefits and design focus remain on improving comfort and fit.
So, the midsole is the big change here. The bigger air bag in the react foam should be very responsive a give a great toe-off. Its lighter weight will also be appreciated, and we can’t wait to trial it as soon as we get our hands on a pair.